Monday, November 5, 2012

The Call

"Hi Mary, this is Sue, calling to tell you that you have been accepted to the program."
I am officially an outbound Rotary Exchange Student!  I will be living on a completely different continent, not to mention country, speaking a foreign language and assimilating into a new culture for ten months.  This time next year, I will not be living in Michigan, lying in my bed like I am now.  I will be who knows where experiencing a new way of life!

It feels so great to be able to say that without having to add a "hopefully"  "maybe"  "probably" or other clause to make it PC!  It's just such a relief!  Don't worry, my friend Grace is in too!  She called me right as the voice mail was ending to share the news with me.  I did accidentally fill out the wrong application...(I used the standard Rotary form instead of the Central States application).  Thankfully they're very similar so I have most of the information I need I just have to sit down and fill it all out.  The first time was much more exciting, but I'll have all the forms made up by the end of this week so it can be sent up to the head guys at central states!  Now I wait for January when I will hopefully be getting my country assignment!!

Ecstatically,
            Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment