Saturday, January 19, 2013

Orientation Soon

       It's been awhile now since I last wrote, but there's finally some new information to share so I'm writing you all a quick update!  I received an email from Rotary that the date for the February orientation has been set for February 16th at a place called The Safety Village in Windsor, Canada.  I'll have to cross the bridge from Detroit to Windsor for this which requires passports for me and both my parents.  This is fine for me because my family has done some international travel before but I wonder if the other Americans in our district will all have passports?  It is kind of fun though that I'm going on an international exchange, with in international organization, from an international district!

        From the email that I got, it looks like there will be 10 outbounds from my district, though I don't know how many are American and how many are Canadian.  I'm already really excited for the orientation and meeting everybody for the first time!  Hopefully I'll have my country assignment by that point as well!  Also, a few weeks ago I had to re-do my country selection and my visa form because I had messed up with some signature protocol.  I will be so happy if I never have to fill out another Rotary form again...

      Anyways, still waiting, but at least I have a specific day to look forward to now!

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment